Sunday 20 January 2013

Web 2.0 Project Reflection


The Web 2.0 project in MIS course was very useful. It contributed in building up and reinforcing my knowledge in the field of internet tools.  I could not only gain better theoretical information, but also practical one. That was accomplished through hard working and resorting to suitable different resources.


Blogs:- 
In Blogs I learnt to design a simple site where I could express what I want in a very practical way. In blogs I can see the others posts and share them their thoughts and information through following them being followed by them.  Blogs in Google was like spices to food in our MIS project. The characteristics of the blogs and the easy way they can be used in is another positive thing I like very much in Blogs.

Google sites:-
Creating websites on Google was a main thing which I have enjoyed learning in my project. It was  important because the other parts of this project depended on it heavily. Google site facilated designing the website for me with its available tools, but since the time was a crucial thing and I have many things to do in a short time, I wished I had more time to work more on it.

Google Chrome:-
Google Chrome is a powerful internet browser which is safer in using than other ones such as the Netscape and the Internet Explorer. It is much faster than others. One of its features I liked to some extent is the possibility of customizing it to contain things I use and I like much. When I started using it I liked it very much especially when I knew it features, but I am still learning more about it. It's nice.

Google Docs:-
A specialized tool for creating documents with the help of Google tool is available in the name of Google Docs. In this tool which is totally free, I could create a certain documents and share it with any group I want to discuss its content. I also have the ability of downloading this document from the site from anywhere in the world without the need to be at home or using my own computer. It is a wonderful tool for keeping documents. But of course I think that if I want to keep a very important document which contains secret information, I still prefer my own computer at home.

Google Calendar:-
Google Calendar is a free service tool for organizting and managing our appointments. It makes us be able to organize our tasks in a very useful way. We can schedual our works or holidays and other special occation in a very organized way. It is undoubtedly useful.

Bookmarking with (Delicious):-
My presentation was Delicious. I mean by Delicous the bookmarking site which I joined as a member and created an account in it. This site -as some other similar sites- eables you to organize your bookmarks or favourite sites in one place. It also let you follow or be followed by others who would like to share you in some of their interesting links. This software has facilities to manage these things by categorizing and keeping them in certain folders. It is a useful free tool specialized in keeping the interesting, useful and important links. Why not try it? It is delicious.

Facebook:-
Facebook is similar to twitter to a very large extent. Through the facebook I can communicate with others, share my photos or videos with friends and relatives. I can  even communicate with other people whom I don't know -where I have to be careful of course- to exchange general information and opinions. Instant chatting is also possible with this nice wideworld spread tool. I like it too.

Gmail:-
Another very useful and practical tool which comes from Google is the Gmail. It enables the members to receive and send messages or documents or files easily, securely and quickly. The other facilities which enable the member in Gmail to organize and manage the files and the folders are another positive aspect. In short it is advised strongly to have an account in Gmail to see and utilize it full features.

Twitter:-
Twitter is a tool for communicating with people. It let us send messages and receive them instantly. It let us search for certain things and get others' opinions efficiently. I like it since the time I started using it because it is practical and easy. It is useful in keeping in a touch  with people even they are unkown or far away. It is another tool for discussing certain ideas and getting feedback from others as well.

Google Picasa:-
Google Picasa is a program prepared by Google to deal with pictures and create movies. This is a good program to practice editing or adding or using pictures in many ways. Those who have artistic inclination like myself will find it an interesting way of practicing their hobbies and let their imagination fly free. Google Picasa also let you be able to manipulate and create movies as well. It is useful in this field.






No comments:

Post a Comment